A. I decided to enter this weight-loss program because:
1. I won't like myself very much until I lose weight.
2. People will like me better when I'm thin.
3. It feels important to me personally to be thinner.
4. I really want to make some changes in my life.
B. If I remain in treatment it will probably be because:
5. I'll feel like a failure if I don't.
6. People will think I'm a weak person if I don't.
7. I'll feel very bad about myself if I don't.
8. Others will be angry at me if I don't.
9. I feel like it's the best way to help myself.
C. I plan to lose weight because:
10. I'll be ashamed of myself if I don't.
11. I'll hate myself if I can't get my weight under control.
12. My friends/family don't like the way I look.
13. Being overweight makes it hard to do many things.
D. I have agreed to follow the procedures of the program because:
14. I am worried that I will get in trouble with the staff if I don't follow all the guidelines.
15. I'll feel guilty if I don't comply with all the procedures.
16. I want others to see that I am really trying to lose weight.
17. I believe they will help me solve my problem.
18. It's important to me that my efforts succeed.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
Treatment Questionnaire Concerning Continued Program Participation
The following questions relate to your reasons for continuing to participate in the weight-loss program. Different people have different reasons for continuing in such a program‚ and we want to know how true each of these reasons is for you. There are two groups of questions. The questions in each group pertain to the sentence that begins that group.
Please indicate how true each reason is for you‚ using the following scale: