Short Index of Self Actualization (SISA)
Please respond to the items below using the following rating scale:
1 = agree
2 = somewhat agree
3 = somewhat disagree
4 = disagree
1. (P) I do not fee ashamed of any of my emotions.
2. (P) I feel I must do what others expect me to do.
3. (P) I believe that people are essentially good and can be trusted.
4. (P) It is always necessary that others approve of what I do.
5. (N) I feel free to be angry at those I love.
6. (P) I don’t accept my own weaknesses.
7. (P) I can like people without having to approve of them.
8. (N) I avoid attempts to analyze and simplify complex domains.
9. (P) It is better to be yourself than it is to be popular.
10. (P) I have no mission in life to which I feel especially dedicated.
11. (P) I can express my feelings even when they may result in undesirable consequences.
12. (P) I do not feel responsible to help anybody.
13. (P) I am loved because I can give love.
14. (P) I am bothered by fears of being inadequate.
15. I fear failure. (Original SISA item omitted from Watson et al.‚ 1990)
TOWARD AN ANARCHIST THEORY OF SELF: WILDERNESS‚ ACTUALIZATION
By: JOSEPH AMOS GARCIA
(Under the Direction of William D. McIntosh)