A. Why am I close friends with this person now?
1.Because being friends with him/her helps me feel important.
2. Because I enjoy the numerous crazy and amusing moments that we share.
3. Because my friend would be upset if I ended the relationship.
4. Because I feel a lot of freedom and personal satisfaction in our friendship.
5. Because I would feel guilty if I withdrew from the friendship.
6. Because he/she is someone I really enjoy sharing emotions and special events with.
7. Because this person really wants me to be a close friend.
8. Because my commitment to him/her is personally very important to me.
B. Why do I spend time with my friend?
9. Because my friend would get mad at me if I didn’t.
10. Because it is fun spending time with him/her.
11. Because I think it is what friends are supposed to do.
12. Because I really value spending time with my friend.
C. Why do I listen to my friend’s problems‚ or to what my friend has to say?
13. Because it’s interesting and satisfying to be able to share like that.
14. Because I would feel guilty if I did not.
15. Because my friend praises me and makes me feel good when I do.
16. Because I really value getting to know my friend better.
D. Why do I keep promises to my friend?
17. Because I believe it is an important personal attribute to live up to my promises to a friend.
18. Because I would feel bad about myself if I didn’t.
19. Because I really enjoy following through on my promises.
20. Because it would threaten our friendship if I were not trustworthy.