1.* I tend to be influenced by people with strong opinions.
2. In general‚ I feel I am in charge of the situation in which I live.
3. I think it is important to have new experiences that challenge how you think about yourself and the world.
4.* Maintaining close relationships has been difficult and frustrating for me.
5.* I live life one day at a time and don’t really think about the future.
6. When I look at the story of my life‚ I am pleased with how things have turned out.
7. I have confidence in my opinions‚ even if they are contrary to the general consensus.
8.* The demands of everyday life often get me down.
9.† For me‚ life has been a continuous process of learning‚ changing and growth.
10. People would describe me as a giving person‚ willing to share my time with others.
11.† Some people wander aimlessly through life‚ but I am not one of them.
12. I like most aspects of my personality.
13.† I judge myself by what I think is important‚ not by the values of what others think is important.
14.† I am quite good at managing the many responsibilities of my daily life.
15.* I gave up trying to make a big improvements or changes in my life a long time ago.
16.*† I have not experienced many warm and trusting relationships with others.
17.* I sometimes feel as if I’ve done all there is to do in life.
18.*† In many ways‚ I feel disappointed about my achievements in life.
*These items are reverse-scored so that higher scores correspond to greater psychological well-being. †These questions were selected for the Psychological Well-Being Index (PWB).